[Haskell-cafe] Spiking neural networks in Haskell

Dmitry V'yal akamaus at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 07:19:32 EDT 2010

Greetings anyone,

Some time ago I with a friend of mine implemented a toy interactive
simulator of neural network activity. It has a totally imperative design
and uses Gtk2hs for user interface parts.

The darcs repository is available here:
http://vyal.ru/code/spiking_neuro

Now we decided to develop it further to try out some nice biologically
inspired ideas.

At first I wanted to rewrite the simulator in C++, since that language
seems to match the current design more closely. But recently I've read
some FRP related papers and have decided to rethink the overall approach.

I'd like to hear some comments from the community on the current code
and advises on possible improvements and other designs and their pros
and conses.

The performance is not critical for me, I'm looking for maximal
flexibility and clearness so the model can easily be modified and extended.

Best wishes,
Dmitry