[Haskell-cafe] a very pedestrian question about maillists

Roman Cheplyaka roma at ro-che.info
Sat Jul 3 04:18:04 EDT 2010

* Vasili I. Galchin <vigalchin at gmail.com> [2010-07-02 23:51:09-0500]
> Hello,
>
>      Suppose I have the following fragment of a posting:
>

> Message: 3
> Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 12:32:43 -0500
> From: aditya siram <aditya.siram at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [Haskell-cafe] How easy is it to hire Haskell programmers
> To: Andrew Coppin <andrewcoppin at btinternet.com>
> Cc: haskell-cafe at haskell.org
>

> On another posting I tried counter-posting using the "Message-ID" but the
> counter-post bounced back to me as non-deliverable. How do I post on a
> "thread" like "How easy is it to hire Haskell programmers"?

Message-ID is not an email address, it's just an ID looking like an
email address.

To reply to that thread, you need to copy that id to the "References" or
"In-Reply-To" header of your message. See e.g.
http://cr.yp.to/immhf/thread.html

However, it's better to put this kind of work on your mail client if
possible.

"Don't let school get in the way of your education." - Mark Twain