[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: hs-cryptohash 0.4

Gregory Crosswhite gcross at phys.washington.edu
Fri Jul 2 17:41:16 EDT 2010

On 7/2/10 5:16 AM, Vincent Hanquez wrote:
> It's necessary in my case since i receive chunks of data to be hashed from the
> network, and I don't want to carry a buffer of data (with potential security
> issues), until i can hash everything.

As an aside, this kind of pattern where you are processing chunks of
input and producing a summary output sounds like a good fit for the
Iteratees style of I/O.

Also, if you want the intermediate chunks to go away, then don't forget
to use strict evaluation when you update the context.  :-)  That is
unfortunately one of the kinds of bugs that doesn't screw up the
behaviour of the program in a way that is immediately obvious.

Cheers,
Greg