[Haskell-cafe] Status of status on freenode

Walt Rorie-Baety black.meph at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 17:18:48 EDT 2010

My work environment is what I'd call typical US corporate - IRC nodes are
blocked, but I can use a web-based client to access it.

A couple of days ago, someone had the poor taste to throw a pack of rabid
spam bots into the #haskell channel, forcing the short-term solution of
shutting down all web-based users. I noticed today that I can now access
#haskell again, but have no voice.

I'm wondering: is there any way to modify access to allow registered users
to speak? I've tried using other web-based clients, but none of then connect
to the freenode server.

At home, I can (and do) use mIRC, so I'm not totally cut off - and now I can
read, but not communicate back to, the #haskell channel.

BTW, please direct me to another list, if this issue does not belong on it.

Walt "BMeph" Rorie-Baety
"A mountain that eats people? I want one!." - Richard, of LFGComic.com