[Haskell-cafe] problems installing cabal on windows

Han Joosten han.joosten at atosorigin.com
Fri Jan 29 13:36:12 EST 2010

I recently upgraded to GHC 6.12.1 on my windows system.
Now I have trouble getting cabal right.
I read the forums, and I got the cabal.exe for windows. I think I followed
the upgrade instructions. However I do not get it all to work. THis is my
version of Cabal:

   C:>cabal --version
   cabal-install version 0.6.2
   using version 1.6.0.2 of the Cabal library

However, when I try to install any library, I get:

   C:>cabal install graphviz
   cabal: failed to parse output of 'ghc-pkg dump'

I get the feeling that I miss some step during installation, but I cannot
figure out what that should be.

I am the only user of my windows machine, and I have admin rights.
Any suggestions are welcome!

Han Joosten