[Haskell-cafe] OT: Literature on translation of lambda calculus to combinators

Job Vranish jvranish at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 11:48:23 EST 2010

> Why is it difficult?

Ideally we'd like the type of convert to be something like:
convert :: LambdaExpr -> SKIExpr
but this breaks in several places, such as the nested converts in the RHS of
the rule:
convert (Lambda x (Lambda y e)) | occursFree x e = convert (Lambda x
(convert (Lambda y e)))

A while ago I tried modifying the algorithm to be pure top-down so that it
wouldn't have this problem, but I didn't have much luck.

Anybody know of a way to fix this?

- Job