[Haskell-cafe] ANN: operational-0.1.0.0

Heinrich Apfelmus apfelmus at quantentunnel.de
Tue Jan 26 04:19:01 EST 2010

Brent Yorgey wrote:
> I am very pleased to announce that Issue 15 of The Monad.Reader is now
> available for your reading pleasure [1].
>
> Issue 15 consists of the following four articles:
>
>     * "The hp2any project" by Gergely Patai
>     * "Adventures in Three Monads" by Edward Z. Yang
>     * "The Operational Monad Tutorial" by Heinrich Apfelmus
>     * "Implementing STM in pure Haskell" by Andrew Coppin

I'm pleased to release a small package named  operational  in
conjunction with "The Operational Monad Tutorial".

The tutorial presents a method to implement monads by specifying the
primitive instructions and their operational semantics. The main
abstraction is a type  Programm  which corresponds to a list of
instructions. The  operational  package contains an efficient version of
the  Program  abstraction, ready for implementing your monads in
production code.

Furthermore, the  operational  package introduces a type  ProgramT  to
implement monad transformers; the lifting laws are satisfied automatically.

The library comes with example code and excessive documentation,
including a proof that the monad laws do indeed hold.

Get it from hackage:

   http://hackage.haskell.org/package/operational

Regards,
Heinrich Apfelmus