[Haskell-cafe] Failing to install hxt

haskell at kudling.de haskell at kudling.de
Sun Jan 24 06:24:37 EST 2010

Thank you, that worked.

I wonder two things:

1) How to downgrade cabal packages? Just installing tagsoup-0.6 and removing
every trace of tagsoup-0.8 somehow didn't work for me. cabal still insisted that
there should be a tagsoup-0.8.

2) Is the commonly used version-scheming >= XYZ ideal? Maybe package maintainers
should depend on exactly one version they know that works? I mean how can you
guarantee, that every future version of a package will work?

Daniel Fischer <daniel.is.fischer at web.de> hat am 24. Januar 2010 um 00:59
geschrieben: