[Haskell-cafe] Installing "encoding" package from Hackage

Chris Wagner christopher.t.wagner at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 19:55:56 EST 2010

Hi all,

I'm trying to install the "encoding" package using cabal, but I'm
getting an error about a missing "HaXml" module...

chris at desktop:~$ cabal install encoding
Resolving dependencies...

    Could not find module `Text.XML.HaXml.XmlContent':
      Use -v to see a list of the files searched for.
encoding-0.6.2 failed during the configure step. The exception was:
exit: ExitFailure 1

(I'm actually interested in using the "idiii" package, of which
"encoding" is a dependency.)
Any help/insight is much appreciated!  Thanks!

Chris W.