[Haskell-cafe] Re: could we get a Data instance for Data.Text.Text?

Bryan O'Sullivan bos at serpentine.com
Fri Jan 22 21:53:52 EST 2010

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 2:24 PM, Jeremy Shaw <jeremy at n-heptane.com> wrote:

> Would it be possible to get a Data instance for Data.Text.Text?
>

>From the last time this came up, I gather that the correctish thing to do
(for reasons too obscure to me) is to teach SYB and its many cousins about
Text, or else there'll be some sort of disturbance in the Force.

If that feels too arduous, I'd consider adding your suggested instance of
Data until such time as the One True Generics Package emerges to walk the
earth. But please give it a think first.