[Haskell-cafe] HTML - based GUIs - follow up

Günther Schmidt gue.schmidt at web.de
Wed Jan 20 12:21:50 EST 2010

Hello,

in my first post on this subject from 01-10-10 I asked for opinions on
using HTML to create the gui part of a desktop app instead of using
Gtkhs or WxHaskell.

The responses were encouraging. It occurred to me that I might now even
need to run an actual webserver (happs for instance) but that I could
use either Webkit or a com interface to Internet Explorer to control the
browser. When it opens, register event sinks and so on.

Still that involves a lot of boilerplate code.

I have seen examples of *formlets* and I'm impressed, the wiring is
certainly taken care of.

My question is: do formlets only work server based or is it also
possible to use formlet sans happs?

Günther