[Haskell-cafe] Fwd: [BostonHaskell] Next meeting: January 21st at MIT (**NEW ROOM** 32G-449)

Ravi Nanavati ravi_n at alum.mit.edu
Wed Jan 20 00:14:43 EST 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ravi Nanavati <ravi_n at alum.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 12:13 AM
Subject: Next meeting: January 21st at MIT (**NEW ROOM** 32G-449)
To: bostonhaskell at googlegroups.com

I'm pleased to announce the January meeting of the Boston Area Haskell
Users' Group.

The meeting has been scheduled for Thursday, January 21st from 7pm to
9pm. Like recent meetings, it will be at MIT. However, it will be in
the Patil/Kiva conference room, NOT the CSAIL reading room. That room
is 32G-449 (i.e. a room on the 4th floor of the Gates Tower of MIT's
Stata Center at 32 Vassar St in Cambridge, MA). My apologies for the
late notice - I've been busy recently.

This month, Paul Chiusano and Runar Bjarnason will be presenting
"Scala for Haskell Programmers". Scala is a statically-typed
functional language that targets the JVM and it has a type system
that, in its own way, is as unique as Haskell's. This presentation
will take up the bulk of the meeting, but if anyone wants to give a
Lightning Talk, there is room for that.

The January attendance poll is at: http://doodle.com/xnwcec4w4hbh6y65

As always, responding to this poll will help with two things:
1. Getting an idea of what fraction of the Boston-area Haskell
community can and can't attend this meeting (to help with future
scheduling).
2. Giving me an estimated count of attendees, since I have talked my
wife into baking some more goodies and bringing drinks again.

By the way, if someone is willing to edit the HaskellWiki page, post
to reddit or otherwise publicize the meeting please just go ahead and
do that (especially as I'm sending this out on the later side).

If you have any questions about the meeting please send them to them
BostonHaskell mailing list: bostonhaskell at googlegroups.com or contact
me directly.

I look forward to seeing many Boston-area Haskellers at the January meeting!

Thank you,

 - Ravi Nanavati