[Haskell-cafe] Windows emulator for testing purposes

Gregory Crosswhite gcross at phys.washington.edu
Mon Jan 18 21:59:56 EST 2010

So, part of the problem is that I am using my own build system (Blueprint) rather than Cabal, which I would like to test someday to make sure it works under windows;  problems like screwing up the file paths are exactly the kind of thing that I worry about happening.  :-)

And part of the reason that I developed and am using my own build system is because I am mixing Fortran and Haskell code, which is something that Cabal does not support in any meaningful use of the word "support" --- i.e., I don't count writing a parallel configuration and build system for the Fortran code and grafting it onto Cabal using a complicated assortment of hooks as being a meaningful sense of this word.  :-)

Cheers,
Greg