[Haskell-cafe] Re: AlternativePrelude extension

Ketil Malde ketil at malde.org
Sun Jan 17 06:27:35 EST 2010

Maciej Piechotka <uzytkownik2 at gmail.com> writes:

>> However, the option to set language extension globally is still
>> available, either as an option to the compiler when building, or in
>> the cabal file describing the package.

> Hmm. Since the extensions should be specified in Cabal anyway (at least
> I guess it does some detection if compiler supports them) shouldn't it
> be specified in one place?

I think there might be justification for doing it multiple places.  The
cabal file tells you what is required to build the package, the pragmas
what is required to build each source file.

Perhaps cabal should complain when source files use pragmas not
declared in the cabal file, and perhaps also warn about options in the
cabal file not used in any source file.

-k (who didn't check the current state of affairs)