[Haskell-cafe] Haddock question: hiding internal instances

Niklas Broberg niklas.broberg at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 15:16:03 EST 2010

Hi all,

The question I have is this: How can I get Haddock to omit listing
instances of package-internal data types for exported classes?

Here's an example of what I mean:

http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/haskell-src-exts/1.6.0/doc/html/Language-Haskell-Exts-Pretty.html#t%3APretty

At the very end of the rather extensive list of instances, you'll find
the following:

SrcInfo loc => Pretty (PAsst loc)
SrcInfo loc => Pretty (PType loc)
SrcInfo loc => Pretty (PContext loc)
SrcInfo loc => Pretty (ParseXAttr loc)
SrcInfo loc => Pretty (PFieldUpdate loc)
SrcInfo loc => Pretty (PExp loc)

All these data types are internal to the package, and the module they
live in is marked with 'hide'. As expected no links are generated to
any documentation for these data types, but I want them removed from
this list entirely. They are internal after all, so what's the point
of listing them? How can I achieve this?

Cheers,

/Niklas