[Haskell-cafe] Force -threaded from a library

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 03:35:30 EST 2010

Hello John,

> Is it possible to prevent a library from being used unless
> -threaded is enabled? I have a specific case where lots-of-nasty

yes. it's how opposite checked in gtk2hs:

  when (rtsSupportsBoundThreads) $ fail $ "\n" ++
    "initGUI: Gtk+ is single threaded and so cannot safely be used from\n" ++
    "multiple Haskell threads when using GHC's threaded RTS. You can\n" ++
    "avoid this error by relinking your program without using the\n" ++
    "'-threaded' flag. If you have to use the threaded RTS and are\n" ++
    "absolutely sure that you only ever call Gtk+ from a single OS\n" ++
    "thread then you can use the function: unsafeInitGUIForThreadedRTS\n"

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com