[Haskell-cafe] Parsers (Parsec and Iteratee-based Parsers)

Günther Schmidt gue.schmidt at web.de
Mon Jan 11 18:09:09 EST 2010

Hi John,

thanks for responding. As I said I've been using Parsec quite a lot, but
wonder if there is a different approach possible/feasible to parsing.
Parsec (2x) isn't an "online" parser, ie, it doesn't produce a result
before the whole parse is completed.

There is AFAIK one alternative, the uulib, but at first glance it seemed
very elaborate, so I wonder if Oleg's Iteratee offers something simpler.

I am not in particular looking for some sort of parsec-iteratee-hybrid,
I'd be quite happy with something entirely based on Iteratee. In the
Iteratee package there are 2 sample parsers, one for TIFF and one for
WAVE files. I wish I could say that the accompanying documentation is
sufficient for me to get the idea, alas it's not.

Günther