[Haskell-cafe] mtl and transformers

Bas van Dijk v.dijk.bas at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 06:07:10 EST 2010

On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 10:16 AM, Sittampalam, Ganesh
<ganesh.sittampalam at credit-suisse.com> wrote:
> Ivan Lazar Miljenovic wrote:
>> Martijn van Steenbergen <martijn at van.steenbergen.nl> writes:
>>> Another solution is to build your applications using Cabal and
>>> specify your dependency on mtl in the cabal file.
>>
>> But until we have "cabal ghci", this completely fails for actual
>> hacking purposes...
>
> Just do cabal build -v, then cut and paste the ghc --make command-line and replace --make with --interactive.

Thanks for this tip!

I always make a ghci.sh bash script in each of my projects that calls
"ghci -hide-all-packages -package x -package y -package z". However a
"cabal ghci" or "cabal interactive" command that does this
automatically would be ideal. I see there already is a ticket[1] about
it.

regards,

Bas

[1] http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/hackage/ticket/382