[Haskell-cafe] Lambda's

wren ng thornton wren at freegeek.org
Sat Jan 9 18:35:47 EST 2010

Thomas DuBuisson wrote:
> ----- Michael Snoyman <michael at snoyman.com>:
>> ----- Ivan Miljenovic <ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com>:
>>>
>>> Agreed; however, looking at the URL does hint that it's NSFW:
>>
>> That's true, but frankly I've come to expect a certain standard on this
>> mailing list which is almost always respected. I would prefer *not* needing
>> to start second guessing every link posted here.
>
> I agree with Michael in this - such material is out of place for the cafe.

+1.

This list is not the appropriate venue for that sort of thing. Even if
folks don't mind the NSFW, some of us work to combat the sexist culture
that pervades computer science and prevents women from embracing a love
of mathematics and programming. Haskell is generally more welcoming than
other communities; don't wreck it.

--
Live well,
~wren