Maciej Piechotka uzytkownik2 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 13:43:56 EST 2010

On Tue, 2010-01-05 at 10:27 -0800, John Millikin wrote:
> There's already three client libraries:
>
> http://hackage.haskell.org/package/dbus-client
> http://hackage.haskell.org/package/network-dbus
> http://hackage.haskell.org/package/DBus
>
> Perhaps there is some confusion? The D-Bus server, or "bus", is a
> service which allows many-to-many communication between clients. You
> do not need an implementation of the server in Haskell to use D-Bus in
> Haskell applications, and (to my knowledge) there is no API for the
> reference server.

Hmm. Yes. By server I mean client server not the dbus daemon. I.e. the
side which exports the objects.

I.e. for me (my terminology is network-oriented[1]):
- dbus server: something exporting objects. Eg. devkit, hal, nm
- dbus client: something connecting to server/listining for signals etc.
- dbus daemon: something running in background started
by /etc/init.d/dbus start & with session
- dbus bus: namespace in which servers and clients operates. Most
popular as system and session buses (now I know there is one-to-one
correspondence with daemons)

I belive that last time I read dbus-client documentation was
'client'-oriented.

Regards
PS. I hope no ASCII ribbonner will kill me for using HTML in subject

[1] Especially that there is xinetd daemon which runs ssh/ftp/...
servers