[Haskell-cafe] A question on DSL's

CK Kashyap ck_kashyap at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 4 12:47:02 EST 2010

Thanks Jasper ...
Thanks John,
While most of the use case I had in mind seems to fit the EDSL description, I had some in the proper DSL category as well...
So, my prejudice had been towards option one - and I was unable to visualize a situation where option 1 would not work - or become too problematic or option 2 becomes too simple.

I was just thinking of implementing an OS kernel (monolithic to start with) using Haskell - via option 1. Then again, if I understand right, House was done by modifying GHC ... So, I guess it'll help me if I can see some example situations where modifying GHC's back end would be a better/only option.

The main reason I am asking this is to make sure I don't miss out some obvious pitfall in my OS implementation via option 1.

Regards,
Kashyap