[Haskell-cafe] Timing in atom -- how consistent?

John Van Enk vanenkj at gmail.com
Fri Jan 1 10:48:53 EST 2010

Hi Jason,

Regarding timing, the version of blink_atom.c below does not contain this,
but my later versions used the hardware timers to control the blink rate.

One can setup the interrupt vector for a hardware timer to call your
outermost atom function at whatever resolution you want. As long as the
timer allows enough time between expirations for any of the task groups to
finish, it will run in hard real time.

Hope this helps.

John Van Enk