[Haskell-cafe] OpenSUSE 11.2

Daniel Fischer daniel.is.fischer at web.de
Sun Feb 28 15:40:34 EST 2010

Am Sonntag 28 Februar 2010 20:40:15 schrieb Andrew Coppin:
> Daniel Fischer wrote:
> > Let me guess, you'd have tried ';' as the path-separator?
>
> I didn't know you have to use "export" for this to work...

You probably wouldn't need export in SUSE, there $HOME/.bashrc is sourced
in /etc/profile (I don't expect they changed that from 11.1 to 11.2) and
PATH is exported afterwards, so you'd have ~/.cabal/bin in the path of
every shell started from the first bash on (and without the test if it's
already there, the n-th shell would have n copies of ~/.cabal/bin in its
path). But in other setups, without export ~/.cabal/bin might not be in the
path of non-bash subshells.