[Haskell-cafe] Hackage statistics

Don Stewart dons at galois.com
Fri Feb 26 17:57:05 EST 2010

> Is there a simple way to discover the answer to questions like "how many
> packages are on Hackage?" or "how many downloads per day does Hackage
> serve?" Or is this information not posted anywhere?
> (I know there was a blog article a while back with some stats in it, but
> what about the statistics today?)

501 users have uploaded 7202 versions of 1870 packages.

The download stats are computed occasionally, but I've not had time
since Hackage moved to the new server.

The last edition is here:

   "In November, there were 287 package released on Hackage, bringing
   the total number of Haskell packages to 1720. We had a record 143
   thousand downloads from Hackage in November, breaking the previous
   monthly record of 95 thousand set in October 2009, and bringing the
   total downloads from Hackage to 1.53M."

We average about 100k downloads a month (e.g. via cabal-install). Or 2-3
thousand downloads a day.

More updates soon.

-- Don