[Haskell-cafe] Hackage statistics

Don Stewart dons at galois.com
Fri Feb 26 17:57:05 EST 2010

andrewcoppin:
> Is there a simple way to discover the answer to questions like "how many
> packages are on Hackage?" or "how many downloads per day does Hackage
> serve?" Or is this information not posted anywhere?
>
> (I know there was a blog article a while back with some stats in it, but
> what about the statistics today?)

501 users have uploaded 7202 versions of 1870 packages.

    http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/stats

The download stats are computed occasionally, but I've not had time
since Hackage moved to the new server.

The last edition is here:

   "In November, there were 287 package released on Hackage, bringing
   the total number of Haskell packages to 1720. We had a record 143
   thousand downloads from Hackage in November, breaking the previous
   monthly record of 95 thousand set in October 2009, and bringing the
   total downloads from Hackage to 1.53M."

   http://haskellwebnews.wordpress.com/2009/12/05/whats-new-in-haskell-december-2009/

We average about 100k downloads a month (e.g. via cabal-install). Or 2-3
thousand downloads a day.

More updates soon.

-- Don