[Haskell-cafe] Haskell and XML, need some tips from practioners

Ketil Malde ketil at malde.org
Fri Feb 26 02:52:31 EST 2010

Gregory Collins <greg at gregorycollins.net> writes:

> xml: http://hackage.haskell.org/package/xml
> hexpat: http://hackage.haskell.org/package/hexpat
> HXT: http://hackage.haskell.org/package/hxt
> HaXml: http://hackage.haskell.org/package/HaXml

After experimenting with a couple of the above, I ended up using
tagsoup, which is relatively fast and (very) simple - but useful for
just extracting data without validation or any "real" XML stuff.  In my
case, the files were fairly large, which didn't go down well with the
more proper XML parsers I tried.  (This may have changed in later times,
of course.)

-k