[Haskell-cafe] haddock installation weirdness?

David Leimbach leimy2k at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 22:23:48 EST 2010

I'm on Mac OS X Snow Leopard, and can't get haddock installed due to the
following error:

Resolving dependencies...
Configuring haddock-2.6.0...
Warning: This package indirectly depends on multiple versions of the same
package. This is highly likely to cause a compile failure.
package haddock-2.6.0 requires Cabal-
package ghc-6.12.1 requires Cabal-
package bin-package-db- requires Cabal-
Preprocessing library haddock-2.6.0...
Preprocessing executables for haddock-2.6.0...
unused terminals: 1
Building haddock-2.6.0...
<command line>: cannot satisfy -package-id
    ghc-6.12.1-b691a185e99c62533666d9a28a9e1988 is unusable due to missing
or recursive dependencies:
    (use -v for more information)
haddock-2.6.0 failed during the building phase. The exception was:
ExitFailure 1

When I do a "ghc-pkg list | grep Cabal" I get the following:

ghc-pkg list | grep Cabal

I'm wondering if this means I have a copy in my .cabal, and another from
GHC,and if that could be causing a problem?

I'm trying to work on the Haddock docs for the NineP package I uploaded the
other day, and would rather not have to finish uploading before previewing
the result :-)