[Haskell-cafe] Haskell and XML, need some tips from practioners

Günther Schmidt gue.schmidt at web.de
Thu Feb 25 08:43:31 EST 2010

Hi everyone,

I had to transform a 136 page word document into an XML-Document so that
it can be imported into an application. The word document contained
records in nested tables.

Anyway through a very, very tedious process of xslt-transformations I
finally have the XML document I need.

But now I need to amend the attributes of some elements with looked up
values from the outside, the lookup-key is a particular attribute value
of the nodes. This I cannot do through xslt processing as the
information needed is not within the xml document.

I was thus going to use Haskell instead of an XSLT-processor for this
final step.

My question to those with experience of the Haskell-XML tools: which one
should I use?

Günther