[Haskell-cafe] Testing and module export lists

Ivan Miljenovic ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 18:36:41 EST 2010

On 25 February 2010 10:21, Evan Laforge <qdunkan at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 3:10 PM, Ivan Miljenovic
> <ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com> wrote:
>> If you start a function name with an underscore, it is "implicitly
>> exported" by GHC (I can't find the actual documentation page at the
>> moment however).  Whilst it may not appear in the export list, you are
>> still able to call it from outside the module.
>
> Wow, I'd never heard of that feature.

Neither had I, until Curt Sampson asked me to support it in
SourceGraph.  Anyway, I've tracked down the documentation page:
http://www.haskell.org/ghc/docs/latest/html/users_guide/options-sanity.html
.  It's not listed explicitly anywhere; different items have different
documentation regarding it throughout the page.

--
Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
Ivan.Miljenovic at gmail.com
IvanMiljenovic.wordpress.com
Samuel Goldwyn  - "I don't think anyone should write their
autobiography until after they're dead." -
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/s/samuel_goldwyn.html