[Haskell-cafe] OpenSUSE 11.2

Andrew Coppin andrewcoppin at btinternet.com
Wed Feb 24 15:47:56 EST 2010

OK, I imagined to install OpenSUSE 11.2. However, I can't find a way to
make it install either GHC or the Haskell Platform. A quick Google
search turns up a folder on download.opensuse.org which is stuffed full
of Haskell stuff, yet no ammount of prodding YaST will convince it that
it's possible to install anything remotely Haskell-related. (Now I
remember why I don't use Linux much...)

Does anybody know how to install this stuff on OpenSUSE?

Alternatively, does anybody know of an alternative Linux distribution
where this kind of thing is likely to work better?

(I think I've got a Debian ISO somewhere - but IME everything on Debian
is always 8 years old.)