[Haskell-cafe] Re: sendfile leaking descriptors on Linux?

Bardur Arantsson spam at scientician.net
Wed Feb 24 12:25:34 EST 2010

On 2010-02-24 05:10, Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH wrote:
> On Feb 21, 2010, at 20:17 , Jeremy Shaw wrote:
>> The PS3 does do something though. If we were doing a write *and* read
>> select on the socket, the read select would wakeup. So, it is trying
>> to notify us that something has happened, but we are not seeing it
>> because we are only looking at the write select().
>
> Earlier the OP claimed this would happen within a few minutes if he
> seeked in a movie. If it's that reproducible, it should be easy to
> capture a tcpdump and attach it to an email (or pastebin it), allowing
> us to determine what really happens.

It's a huge amount of data since it's streaming ~900Kb/s (or
thereabouts). I don't think it's really practical to look through all
that to try to figure out exactly when the problem occurs.

Anyone know of any programs which can highlight 'anomalous' tcp traffic
in tcpdumps?

Still, I'd be happy to try a capture and upload it somewhere if anyone
cares too have a look at it. It'll have to wait for the weekend, though.