[Haskell-cafe] What happened in Ohloh?

Gwern Branwen gwern0 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 17:27:39 EST 2010

On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 5:20 PM, Paul Johnson <paul at cogito.org.uk> wrote:
> If you go to
> http://www.ohloh.net/languages/compare?l0=haskell&measure=projects and look
> at the number (not percentage) of Haskell projects you see it rise
> exponentially until the start of 2008 and then suddenly drop away.  Does
> anyone know what happened?  Assuming this is just an artefact because they
> aren't scanning Haskell project hosts, can we get them to fix it?

I believe in early 2008 Don Stewart was on a kick where he used tailor
to convert Darcs repos of Haskell projects to Git repos (which Ohloh
understands), and he's stopped doing that.

The fix would involve making their software understand darcs; their
response hasn't been too enthusiastic or helpful (basically, 'if you
guys do all the work and meet our idiosyncratic standards, maybe we'll
use it'): http://www.ohloh.net/forums/3491/topics/1138?page=2

--
gwern