[Haskell-cafe] Re: Cabal update problem

Daniel Kahlenberg d.kahlenberg at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 19 12:18:36 EST 2010

Hello,

I guess I did the follwoing to bypass this problems.

With the platform provided* cabal.exe at first place in the PATH
variable, I run:

    - cabal update
    - cabal install cabal-install-0.6.4

The only thing remaining was, I had the Cabal-1.8.0.2 and related
entries in my local package.conf file then, from the former installation
of cabal-install-0.8.0 - which failed when doing `cabal update` as you
described.

I decided to remove those entries/packages, although they seemed to
cause no issues, when blindly testing some package installations with
cabal-install-0.6.4.

Cheers
Daniel

* folder %HASKELL_PLATFORM%\extralibs\bin