Fwd: [Haskell-cafe] Category Theory woes

Michael Matsko msmatsko at comcast.net
Thu Feb 18 14:16:44 EST 2010

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: "Michael Matsko" <msmatsko at comcast.net>
To: "Nick Rudnick" <joerg.rudnick at t-online.de>
Sent: Thursday, February 18, 2010 2:16:18 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Re: [Haskell-cafe] Category Theory woes

Gregg,

   Topologically speaking, the border of an open set is called the boundary of the set.  The boundary is defined as the closure of the set minus the set itself.  As an example consider the open interval (0,1) on the real line.  The closure of the set is [0,1], the closed interval on 0, 1.  The boundary would be the points 0 and 1.

Mike Matsko