[Haskell-cafe] Friedberg numberings.

Grigory Sarnitskiy sargrigory at ya.ru
Thu Feb 18 08:02:51 EST 2010

Hello! The question is not about Haskell, but I don't know where else to ask.

In the book "Computable functions" by Vereshchagin and Shen it is said that "it is possible to invent a programming language such that each programming problem has a unique solution in it". The author claims that this statement is a rewording of the theorem, that there is a universal computable function, such that any computable function has exactly one number.

I wonder has such language been actually constructed?

the book itself (look at the bottom of p 30 for the statement):