[Haskell-cafe] ANN: concurrent-extra-0.1
Roel van Dijk
vandijk.roel at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 09:10:38 EST 2010
We would like to announce the release of concurrent-extra . A
library which offers a few extra synchronization primitives. These
primitives are found in the standard libraries of languages like Java
and Python, but not in Haskell.
* Lock: Enforce exclusive access to a resource. Also known as a mutex
or a binary semaphore.
* RLock: A lock which can be acquired multiple times by the same
thread. Also known as a reentrant mutex.
* Event: Wake multiple threads by signaling an event. Includes both
pessimistic and optimistic versions.
* ReadWriteLock: Multiple-reader, single-writer locks. Used to protect
shared resources which may be concurrently read, but only
* ReadWriteVar: Concurrent read, sequential write variables.
Plug & Play:
cabal install concurrent-extra
darcs get http://code.haskell.org/~roelvandijk/code/concurrent-extra/
Thanks to Neil Brown and Simon Marlow for an initial review. Comments
are still more than welcome!
Roel & Bas van Dijk
More information about the Haskell-Cafe