[Haskell-cafe] Re: sendfile leaking descriptors on Linux?

Bryan O'Sullivan bos at serpentine.com
Tue Feb 16 15:50:08 EST 2010

On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 12:37 PM, Jeremy Shaw <jeremy at n-heptane.com> wrote:

> I think this goes beyond just a sendfile issue -- anyone trying to write
> non-blocking network code should run into this issue, right ?

What's a fairly concise description of the issue at hand? I haven't been
paying much attention to this thread, and the descriptions I have seen have
been somewhat confused.

One admittedly unhelpful observation is that when something goes wrong in
this area, it's usually due to pilot error (either on the part of whoever
wrote the Haskell library, or its user), and not so often caused by a bug in
the underlying platform.