[Haskell-cafe] How to find unused exported symbols?

Ivan Miljenovic ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 22:42:19 EST 2010

On 16 February 2010 02:22, John D. Ramsdell <ramsdell0 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I would like to find symbols exported from each module in a program
> that are not used outside the module.  I'm worried my program is
> accumulating cruft.  I'm looking for suggestions on how to find unused
> exported symbols.  Do I have to analyse .hi files?  Thanks in advance.

-Wall will tell you which entities in are module are top-level but not
exported; my SourceGraph program (available from Hackage) will tell
you which entities in the entire project are top-level but not
exported.  Note that at the moment the output is rather ugly....

--
Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
Ivan.Miljenovic at gmail.com
IvanMiljenovic.wordpress.com
Mike Ditka  - "If God had wanted man to play soccer, he wouldn't have
given us arms." -
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/m/mike_ditka.html