[Haskell-cafe] Haskell RPC / Cluster

Rick R rick.richardson at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 08:19:02 EST 2010

I am preparing to embark on some serious cluster oriented coding (high
availability, monitoring, failover, etc). My primary concern is
conforming to standards. I would also like to aid any existing project
that fall under this scope.  HackPar seems currently targeted towards
HPC style clustering, but the page seems to hint at future work in the
cloud/high-availability area.

I was looking around for RPC libs for Haskell and stumbled across this

http://github.com/mariusaeriksen/bert

It implements BERT, which is based on Erlang's binary serialization
protocol. It seems to have quite a bit of support.

Does anyone know of any other RPC modules for Haskell? In addition,
can anyone recommend other cluster oriented modules for monitoring,
process management, etc?

If those don't exist, can anyone recommend some standards off of which
to base these?
SNMP seems obvious (and daunting), any others?

Thanks,
Rick