[Haskell-cafe] Re: How many "Haskell Engineer I/II/III"s are there?

Malcolm Wallace Malcolm.Wallace at cs.york.ac.uk
Fri Feb 12 08:02:23 EST 2010

On 12 Feb 2010, at 12:32, Matthias Görgens wrote:

>> It might be big for SoC but perhaps there's some well-defined subset,
>> like fix some blocking issue?
>
> Good idea.  By the way, do all SoC projects have to be
> single-contributor projects, or could someone get together with a
> friend and work together on a somewhat larger project?

In theory, two students could work together on a single project.
However, in practice there would need to be a clear delineation (in
advance) of what each student would contribute, so that we can
determine whether either student individually succeeds and gets paid.
Also, at the initial submission stage, there is no guarantee that if
one student gets a place, the other will as well.  So there would need
to be a contingency plan for what each student would do in the absence
of the other.

Regards,
     Malcolm