[Haskell-cafe] Examples/docs for simulated annealing bindings

John Meacham john at repetae.net
Thu Feb 11 17:42:08 EST 2010

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 02:41:42PM +0100, Dougal Stanton wrote:
> I found the HsASA library [1] on Hackage, but there's no documentation
> and it's not particularly intuitive. I can't see any obvious way of
> choosing initial config or generating new configurations. Google
> reveals no one using it. Does anyone have ideas?

Hi, performing ASA efficiently relies on a very efficient implementation
of the algorithm, the actual parameters of the ASA are hard coded as C
#defines, see the original C distribution for documentation on them. For
using HsASA in projects, it is recommended you directly include the
modules into your program and modify them with the specific parameters
appropriate to your task.

        John