[Haskell-cafe] Re: How many "Haskell Engineer I/II/III"s are there?

John Van Enk vanenkj at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 12:24:38 EST 2010

Well, my point here is that if we want to see GHC branch into other fields
(mine being safety critical), and actually see the code generated by GHC be
what's really running (rather than once-removed in the form of an EDSL),
some changes will have to be made.

Being able to experiment with GHC's RTS and possibly being able to write
your own (should the project require it) would go a long way to helping me
make the case for GHC in safety critical.

Perhaps I'd be better off looking at UHC/LHC/JHC as a starting place.

/jve