[Haskell-cafe] ANN: Dungeons of Wor - a largish FRP example and a fun game, all in one!

Patai Gergely patai_gergely at fastmail.fm
Thu Feb 11 03:35:35 EST 2010

Hello all,

I just uploaded the first public version of Dungeons of Wor [1], a
homage to the renowned three-decade-old arcade game, Wizard of Wor.
While it makes a fine time killer if you have a few minutes to spare, it
might be of special interest to the lost souls who are trying to figure
out FRP. The game was programmed using the Simple version of the
experimental branch of Elerea [2], which provides first-class discrete
streams to describe time-varying quantities, and the main game logic is
described as a composition of streams instead of a world state
transformer. Developing in this manner was an interesting experience,
and I'll write about it in more detail over the weekend.

All the best,

Gergely

[1] http://hackage.haskell.org/package/dow
[2]