[Haskell-cafe] Re: Using Cabal during development

Simon Michael simon at joyful.com
Wed Feb 10 20:21:31 EST 2010

Another great thread. I'm another who uses both make and cabal. I try to automate a lot of things and find a makefile
easier for quick scripting. Perhaps at some point I'll get by with just cabal. Here's an example:

http://joyful.com/repos/hledger/Makefile

An unusual feature, I think, is the use of the little-known sp tool for auto-recompiling (see "ci" rule). Typically I
leave make ci running in an emacs shell window, where I can watch the errors as I edit and save source. I don't have
clickable errors currently, I get by with linum-mode. When I need to explore I'll run ghci in another shell window.
After reading this thread, I'm going to try using C-c C-l more.