[Haskell-cafe] How many "Haskell Engineer I/II/III"s are there?

Don Stewart dons at galois.com
Wed Feb 10 15:46:42 EST 2010

jason.dusek:
>   Although I'm fond of Haskell, in practice I am not a
>   Haskell programmer -- I'm paid for Ruby and Bourne shell
>   programming.
>
>   Many of the jobs posted on this list end up being jobs
>   for people who appreciate Haskell but will work in C# or
>   O'Caml or some-such.
>
>   I wonder how many people actually write Haskell,
>   principally or exclusively, at work?

Galois is a 100% Haskell shop, and we're around 40 people now - not all
are engineers though.

At the Commercial Users of FP workshop this year, when asked to raise
their hands what FP languages people used at work, the majority of the
room (60 people? / 120 in the room -- check the video) said they'd used
Haskell at work. More than any of the other FP langs present (we also
asked about Erlang, OCaml, Scheme, F#).

-- Don