[Haskell-cafe] Lazy language on JVM/CLR

Tony Morris tonymorris at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 19:42:26 EST 2010

I have hypothesised a pure, lazy language on the JVM and perhaps the
.NET CLR with FFI to .NET/Java libraries. I foresee various problems but
none that are catastrophic; just often requiring a compromises,
sometimes very unattractive compromises. I have authored several
libraries in the same vain as pure, lazy programming to run on the JVM
in Java and Scala programming languages.

I expect others have forethought and perhaps even experimented with such
a language. Are there any dangers to be wary of that undo the entire
endeavour?

Thanks for any insights.

--
Tony Morris