[Haskell-cafe] safe-lazy-io on GHC 6.12?

Tom Tobin korpios at korpios.com
Sat Feb 6 12:38:25 EST 2010

After convincing myself the hard way that you can't be lazy across
strict monadic results (by writing myself a "foldrM" -- yeah, I'm
still a beginner), I noticed the recent discussion of safe-lazy-io vs.
iteratee with interest.  The safe-lazy-io package seems much easier to
understand than iteratee, but it doesn't compile on GHC 6.12 (and I
haven't had any luck in figuring out how to update it myself).  The
Hackage build log shows the same build result I'm getting [1]; is
there any chance of it getting updated to work on 6.12?

[1] http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/safe-lazy-io/0.1/logs/failure/ghc-6.12