[Haskell-cafe] matrix question

John Lato jwlato at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 10:56:09 EST 2010

> From: Ivan Lazar Miljenovic <ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com>
>
> man <manuel.a.castro at gmail.com> writes:
>> http://hackage.haskell.org/package/hmatrix-0.8.1.1
>>
>> it wraps gls, blas and lapack (so you need to install the libraries).
>
> There's also the blas package if you just want blas support.

I've been using blas recently with very good results.  It's great if
all you need are simple matrix operations.  I just wanted to point out
that it doesn't install on ghc-6.12.1 because the ieee dependency
provides a type class instance for CLDouble, which was omitted from
ghc-6.12.1.  I got around this by commenting out the instance in
CLDouble in the ieee package, then everything installed and runs
properly (using OSX 10.6, compiled with -faccelerate).

John