[Haskell-cafe] Game of life in haskell.

Don Stewart dons at galois.com
Tue Feb 2 13:48:19 EST 2010

leimy2k:

> On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 11:54 AM, Jon Harrop <jon at ffconsultancy.com> wrote:
>
>     On Tuesday 02 February 2010 18:23:59 Serguey Zefirov wrote:
>     > 2010/2/2 Jon Harrop <jon at ffconsultancy.com>:
>     > > On Tuesday 02 February 2010 16:10:05 Serguey Zefirov wrote:
>     > >> Actually, your solution with arrays is the most often occured solution
>     > >> an imperative programmer will come with. It is simple but not scalable
>     > >> and not particularly fast.
>     > >
>     > > What gave you that impression?
>     >
>     > Discussion in Russian Smalltalk User Group.
>     > A solution in APL: http://catpad.net/michael/apl/
>     > Some experience before (my own first implementation and some of my
>     > friends).
>     >
>     > Or, you're asking about scalability and speed?
>
>     I meant the scalability and speed. An imperative solution should be
>     simpler, more scalable and faster than any purely functional solution.
>
> That's a pretty strange comment.  Why do you think an imperative solution is
> simpler, faster and more scalable?

Don't feed the troll^[1]

-- Don

[1]. Top 10 signs you have a troll (pick any you think relevant)

    - http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Protect_the_community/Notes#Identify_poisonous_people

    - Conceit
        + won't engage/argue with other positions
        + makes sweeping claims. empty statements about a project's success
        + reopens topics from years ago