[Haskell-cafe] Having trouble with ftphs module

aXqd axqd001 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 07:30:08 CET 2010

Hi all:

I'm new to Haskell, and I ran into this problem recently while I am
using ftphs module downloaded from hackage.

            Prelude> :m Network.FTP.Client
            Prelude Network.FTP.Client> h <- easyConnectFTP "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx"
            *** Exception: FTP: "(unknown)" (line 2, column 1):
            unexpected "\r"
            expecting "\r\n" or Code 220

I am not the administrator of this FTP server. Hence all I've been
told is that it is a "Microsoft FTP Server".

I want to know 1. if this should be regarded as a bug of ftphs or not?
2. is there any other workaround other than the one below?

Possible workaround: Implement another BAT script to do the FTP work
and use system() to invoke it.

Thanks in advance.

--
Best regards,