[Haskell-cafe] Template Haskell a Permanent solution?

Jonathan Geddes geddes.jonathan at gmail.com
Mon Dec 27 18:26:21 CET 2010

On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 1:14 AM, Stephen Tetley
<stephen.tetley at gmail.com> wrote:

> By this are you meaning to add quasiquoting to the language "Haskell"
> or the "Glasgow Haskell", taking it out of the domain of Template
> Haskell?

I believe that all new features should start as extensions and as an
extension, these things could coexist with TH. I just can't see TH
becoming standard. I think something much simpler that accomplishes
the common uses of TH is more likely to make it into Haskell'
20[1-2]x.

--Jonathan